Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Triangles Marching - Curated Quilt Minimalism Call for Entries


Curated Quilts put out their call for entries for their third magazine. It was a topic that I love, so of course I had to create a mini quilt again. I wanted to highlight one of the colors and one neutral so keep a minimal color palette, so choose this triangle printed green and medium gray from my LQS.
First, I cut the strips of gray in the heights I wanted and triangles plus 1/4" seam allowance. Next, I cut the gray strips to fit the triangles. Then, I sewed the triangles into the strips and sewed the strips together - adding a few 1/4" pieces in between to give some triangles more space. The back is the same gray color as the background and I even added little triangle pockets in the back to hang it up!
It finishes 15" x 15" to match the size of my previous Curated Quilts finish: Crow Catcher

No comments:

Post a Comment