Saturday, August 6, 2016

Bucket Bag Challenge

Last week while on my Honeymoon I saw an Instagram post about this Bucket Bag Challenge. I was intrigued by the bag and saved the tutorial as something I wanted to sew someday. I didn't think I would participate in the challenge because I was gone and didn't have an idea for what I wanted it to look like. BUT last night I had a dream about putting on arrow on the front of it, similar to what I made yesterday for the Arrow Quilt I'm sewing. I had to modify the arrow pattern from the quilt a little bit to make it smaller and had to modify the directions from the bucket bag tutorial quite a bit to make it the right size with the arrow instead of what he put on the from. It wasn't too difficult to figure out though. I made the outside of the bag out of extra fabric from other projects. For the inside fabric, rope, and grommets I had to make a run to JoAnns. Oh darn! ;-) I decided on this amazing bright lime green canvas for the inside because I LOVE bright colors and black rope to not distract from the arrow design. I've sewn a few circle bottomed bags in the past, so once I had the pieces cut out, the bag went together pretty quickly.

Wish me luck on getting picked as a winner. The prizes look pretty amazing!



No comments:

Post a Comment